If your group only has 3 people and no other party gets added, then we will contact you and give you the option of
1) paying the 3-person price listed below,
2) changing the departure date or time of your trip to join another group, or
3) receiving a full refund.
Additionally, we can help align individuals or pairs who are interested in visiting this unique area to keep trip costs lower – a more advanced reservation will allow us time to match up others.
- $220 / person for group of 5+
- $250 / person for group of 4
- $295 / person for group of 3
- $395 / person for group of 2
Private or Chartered Guide
$45 / person added to your cost ensures that no one else will join your party, providing your group with more time for discussion and one-on-one instruction from our professional guides who specialize in the safest climbing/canyoneering techniques as well as the local natural history, geology, flora, and fauna.
Hanksville and the North Wash area are about a 2-hour drive from Moab and have one of the largest concentrations of slot canyons in the Southwest. With more of a playground feel, their extreme polished narrowness and normally dry terrain keep us stemming, chimneying, and bridging through the almost the entirety of each canyon. Because they’re shorter in length and close to a paved road, we can easily explore more than one in a day.
Each of these canyons have their own distinct personalities. We can pick and choose which canyons to descend depending on your group’s abilities and desires. Super-narrow and more strenuous or big rappels and easier scrambling – or a mixture of both.
We frequently do these canyons as part of our Multi-Day Trip packages; see Multi-Day Canyoneering
Within the Irish Canyon complex there exists a magical canyon system that is no longer the playground of only small bearded men dressed in green. It has been discovered and has even immortalized in films (127 Hours) and reality TV shows (I Shouldn’t Be Alive). Yet it retains an aura of mysticism, as tucked within its slots and exquisitely polished slots are hidden challenges, wonderfully polished and colorful striated walls punctuated with sections for roped downclimbs and fun rappels.
The Forks of Leprechaun
On either side of the Main Fork of Leprechaun are two other forks with similar beauty but vastly different obstacles that can challenge the strongest of athletes or be enjoyed by a determined group of beginner canyoneers.
Blarney, Shillelagh, Morocco Canyons, Arsenic & more!
More spectacular canyon options exist since none of these canyons is short of amazing!
Moab Cliffs and Canyons was the first canyoneering outfitter to ever be permitted to guide these canyons and our experience and depth of knowledge enables us to create a fantastic itinerary customized for you and your group.
- Length: up to 10 hours, depending on canyon and conditions
- Drive from Moab: 2+ hours
- Technical: some very narrow slot canyons, rope-assisted down climbs, steep hiking, stemming, chimneying, bridging, unroped downclimbs, and multiple rappels up to 200ft
Skill & Fitness Level
- No canyoneering experience required
- Intermediate to advanced athletic skill level
- Must be able to travel for a minimum of 4 hours through tight canyon system requiring stemming, chimneying, scrambling and advanced hiking on steep grades
- Minimum age: 8 years
What to Bring
- Lunch & snacks
- Drinking water
- All of the technical gear you will need for canyoneering
- Wetsuits, if deemed necessary
- Rental canyoneering shoes with extra-sticky rubber for gripping the rock and quick-draining material for your comfort. See Details & Pricing
- Transportation from our office to the route and back to our office
What you should Wear
- Shoes with a soft, flexible sole, such as running shoes or lightweight hiking shoes that you are comfortable possibly getting wet or dirty
- No open-toed sandals, please
- Clothes that are light-weight and loose fitting so to allow you flexibility and freedom of movement
- Clothes that are suitable for the season
- No cotton jeans or sweatshirts
Other items we recommend that you bring
- A long sleeve, quick-drying shirt to use to warm up after swims
- Extra dry clothes may also be necessary depending on the temperature that day
- Sun screen
- Lip balm
- Brimmed hat
- Light long-sleeve shirt (for sun protection)
- Sun glasses
- Light rain gear
- Camera (waterproof)
- Extra snacks if you get really hungry, are a growing teenager, or have dietary restrictions or allergies
Trips departing from our office meet at 253 North Main, Moab UT. See location on Google map
Please be at our office at least 15 minutes before departure for check-in.
We can also arrange to meet your party in Monticello, Blanding, Green River or Hanksville, to accommodate your travel itinerary. Departure time is flexible. please call our office for details, 435-259-3317 or 1-877-641-5271
Early reservations are recommended!