Pricing for this trip corresponds to the total number of people signed-up.
If you are the only person to reserve this trip, you will pay the 1 person price; however, if others enroll, the price for all will drop accordingly. If you would like to reserve a Private or Chartered Trip, see below.
- $300 / person for 1*
- $225 / person for 2*
- $185 / person for 3+
*Transportation Fee: $35
For groups less than three, we do not normally provide transportation to this climbing area (our guide will ride in your car). We can provide transportation, if needed, at an additional cost.
Private or Chartered Guide
$90 / person added to your cost ensures that no one else will join your group. Thereby providing your group with more time for discussion and one-on-one instruction from our professional guides who specialize in the safest climbing/canyoneering techniques as well as the local natural history, geology, flora, and fauna.
Group discount of 10% available for eight or more.
A wonderful steep-walled gorge with lush greenery and waterfalls, our spectacular intermediate to advanced climbing area sits above Moab at around 8,000ft providing a respite from the warmer summer temperatures occurring in the valley below. The climbs here are mostly bolted sport-climbs with a more sustained difficulty than occurs in other areas around Moab. Arguably one of the finest and most beautiful crags in Southern Utah, climbing here is for experienced climbers who prefer face-climbing over cracks.
- Duration: 7 – 9 hours
- Drive from Moab: 45 minutes
- Season: Summer
- Max. guide to client ratio: 1:4
- Technical: top-roped climbing, 60-100ft routes
What you can expect to learn
- Climbing equipment use and care
- Face climbing techniques for 5.9 and up
- Efficient movement
- Knots and rope management
- Descending and lowering
- Safe climbing practices
Skill & Fitness Level
- Intermediate to advanced climbing skill level required
- Climbs begin at 5.9
What to Bring
- Lunch & snacks
- Drinking water
- Climbing shoes
- All of the high quality technical gear you will need for climbing*
*If you do have and would prefer to use your own climbing harness, shoes, and/or chalk bag, please do so. Otherwise, we provide these items for you.
What you should wear
- For the approach, shoes with a soft, flexible sole, such as running shoes or lightweight hiking shoes
- No open-toed sandals, please
- Clothes that are light-weight and loose fitting to allow you flexibility and freedom of movement
- Clothes that are suitable for the season
Other items we recommend that you bring
- Extra clothes may also be necessary depending on the weather/temperature that day
- Sun screen
- Lip balm
- Brimmed hat
- Light long-sleeve shirt (for sun protection)
- Sun glasses
- Light rain gear
- Extra snacks if you get really hungry, are a growing teenager, or have dietary restrictions or allergies
All trips depart from our office at 253 North Main, Moab UT. See location on Google map
Departure times for this trip vary with the season, please call to arrange details: 435-259-3317 or 1-877-641-5271.
Please be at our office at least 15 minutes before departure for equipment sizing and check-in.
Early reservations are recommended!