Pricing for this trip corresponds to the total number of people signed-up.
If you are the only person to reserve this trip, you will pay the 1 person price; however, if others enroll, the price for all will drop accordingly. If you would like to reserve a Private or Chartered Trip, see below.
- $320 / person for 1 – $320 total
- $210 / person for 2 – $420 total
- $185 / person for 3+ – $555+ total
Private or Chartered Guide
$90 / person added to your cost ensures that no one else will join your group. Thereby providing your group with more time for discussion and one-on-one instruction from our professional guides who specialize in the safest climbing/canyoneering techniques as well as the local natural history, geology, flora, and fauna.
Group discount of 10% available for eight or more.
These routes can be an exciting day for those new to multi-pitch climbing or a grand day of easy-to-moderate climbing for the more practiced. Shorter climbs fill the canyons between the giant upturned slabs, for more fun options.
The fun of getting to the top of this nearly 2000 foot rock reef is rewarded with an unbeatable view of this massive geologic anticline that began its formation 50 million years ago.
- Duration: up to 7 hours
- Drive from Moab: 1 hour
- Season: all year
- Max. guide to client ratio: 1:2
- Technical: up to 5.8 climbing, 1600ft – 1700ft, 8 to 10 pitches, 1 mile approach hike
What you can expect to learn
- The fundamentals of multi-pitch climbing
- Equipment use and care
- Slab climbing techniques – lots of foot-work
- Efficient movement
- Knots and rope management
- Basic belay and rappelling techniques
Skill & Fitness Level
With multiple climbs concentrated together we can accommodate beginning and intermediate skill levels together.
- No climbing experience required
- Intermediate athletic skill level
- Must be able to hike 1-mile over uneven, natural terrain
- Must be able to climb up to 1700ft
- Minimum age: 12 years
What to Bring
- Lunch & snacks
- Drinking water
- Climbing shoes
- All of the high quality technical gear you will need for climbing*
- Transportation from our office to the climbing area and back to our office
*If you do have and would prefer to use your own climbing harness, shoes, and/or chalk bag, please do so. Otherwise, we provide these items for you.
What you should wear
- For the approach, shoes with a soft, flexible sole, such as running shoes or lightweight hiking shoes
- No open-toed sandals, please
- Clothes that are light-weight and loose fitting to allow you flexibility and freedom of movement
- Clothes that are suitable for the season
Other items we recommend that you bring
- Extra clothes may also be necessary depending on the weather/temperature that day
- Sun screen
- Lip balm
- Brimmed hat
- Light long-sleeve shirt (for sun protection)
- Sun glasses
- Light rain gear
- Extra snacks if you get really hungry, are a growing teenager, or have dietary restrictions or allergies
All trips depart from our office at 253 North Main, Moab UT. See location on Google map
Departure times change with the seasons:
03/01 – 04/15 9:00am
04/16 – 05/31 7:30am
06/01 – 08/15 7:30am
08/16 – 09/15 7:30am
09/16 – 10/01 8:00am
10/02 – 11/30 9:00am
Please be at our office at least 15 minutes before departure for equipment sizing and check-in.