Senior Rock Climbing & Canyoneering Guide
Originally from western New York, Chris began climbing in 1993. He has climbed throughout North America and South America.
Chris has also worked extensively as a whitewater raft guide and is a seasoned kayaker and mountaineer. Additionally, he has logged thousands of sea miles as a licensed captain and professional sailor. On top of that, he has also worked in the field of wilderness therapy, designing and leading courses for challenged and disadvantaged youth and their families.
Chris has a passion for exploring the wild places of the world and sharing these experiences with others. Chris’ passion, patience and infectious smile always add to the amazing trips he has guided for Cliffs & Canyons since 2009.
Professional Certifications, Courses and Relevant Memberships:
- AMGA Single Pitch Instructor (American Mountain Guides Association)
- Completed AMGA Rock Guide Course
- PCGI Single Pitch Guide (Professional Climbing Guides Institute)
- AAIRE Level I & II (American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education)
- PADI Scuba Diver
- Swiftwater and High Angle Rescue trained
- USCG Masters License (200 GRT NC, Steam, Motor, Sail)
- NREMT (National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians)
- WEMT (Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician)
- NAEMT PHTLS (Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support)
- MPIC (Medical Person In Charge-advanced remote medical skills)
- Healthcare Provider CPR and AED
- American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED Instructor