Rock Climbing & Canyoneering Guide
Riley has always been an avid outdoorsman, beginning with his childhood adventures in Mississippi around the forests and swamps of his homeland.
It wasn’t until his late teens that he discovered the mountains and desert. Riley soon became consumed with backpacking, fly-fishing, skiing, canyoneering and rock climbing.
Soon after completing school and moving to Denver, CO to work as a landscape architect, he realized that working behind a computer screen for 50+ hours a week wasn’t for him. In 2010 Riley moved to Tahoe, CA to work full-time in the climbing/skiing industry.
Since then he has lived, worked and traveled throughout the U.S., Europe, Southeast Asia, Central Asia and South America pursuing the hobbies that motivate him. Riley is a lifelong adventurer who enjoys getting out of his comfort zone while pushing his physical and mental limits. He has been encouraging our clients at Cliffs and Canyons to do the same since he joined our team at Cliffs and Canyons in 2014.
Professional Certifications, Courses and Relevant Memberships:
- AMGA Single Pitch Instructor (American Mountain Guides Association)
- AMGA Assistant Rock Guide Certification (American Mountain Guides Association)
- AIARE Level 2 (American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education)
- IDEA Open Water SCUBA Diving Certification
- WFR, CPR (Wilderness First Responder)