1/2 Day Canyoneering Trip – Bow and Arrow Canyon
Perfect for the beginner or the busy vacationer. Lasting approximately 4-5 hours, our 1/2 Day Trips can be scheduled in the morning or afternoon, are close to town and get you back by meal time.
Bow and Arrow is a unique dry canyon down Potash Road, a mere 15 minutes away from Moab. Ancient petroglyphs panels, dinosaur tracks, and a giant arch are just a few of the features you’ll encounter on your way to the high point of this fun and challenging loop. Suitable for kids over 8 years old this canyon has a gentle uphill approach for the first mile before we surmount the last short steep pinch where our canyons’ majesty is abruptly revealed below us. With 3 rappels up to 110’ you’ll get a nice amount of rope experience to enable you to be a credible canyoneer & able to move up to some of our other more challenging canyons. Total hiking length is near 2 miles.
Private or Chartered Guide
$45 / person added to your cost ensures that no one else will join your party, providing your group with more time for discussion and one-on-one instruction from our professional guides who specialize in the safest climbing/canyoneering techniques as well as the local natural history, geology, flora, and fauna.
Group discount of 10% available for nine or more.
- Duration: 4 – 5 hours
- Drive from Moab: 10 minutes
- Max. guide to client ratio: 1:7
- Season: all year, weather permitting
- Technical: 2 miles hiking, 3 rappels
Skill & Fitness Level
- No canyoneering experience required
- Beginner athletic skill level
- Must be able to hike 2 miles over easy to moderate natural terrain
- Minimum age: 8 years
Children must be mature enough to use reason and logic to mitigate their instinctual fear of backing over a cliff edge and also weigh enough (around 50lbs.) to counter the mass of the rope they’ll need to push through their rappel device.
- Snacks (granola bars, peanuts, etc)
- All of the technical gear you will need for canyoneering
- Transportation from our office to the route and back to our office
What you should wear
- Shoes with a soft, flexible sole, such as running shoes or lightweight hiking shoes that you are comfortable possibly getting wet or dirty
- No open-toed sandals, please
- Clothes that are light-weight and loose fitting to allow you flexibility and freedom of movement
- Clothes that are suitable for the season
What you should bring
- 2 liters of water per person
- Sun screen
- Lip balm
- Brimmed hat
- Light long-sleeve shirt (for sun protection)
- Sun glasses
- Light rain gear
- Extra snacks if you get really hungry, are a growing teenager, or have dietary restrictions or allergies
All trips depart from our office at 253 North Main, Moab UT. See location on Google map.
Morning and afternoon departure times are available for this trip. Departure times vary with the season:
03/01 – 04/15 8:00am 2:00pm
04/16 – 05/31 7:15am 3:00pm
06/01 – 08/15 7:15am
08/16 – 09/15 7:15am
09/16 – 10/01 8:00am 3:00pm
10/02 – 11/1 8:00am 2:00pm
Please be at our office at least 15 minutes before departure for check-in.
Early reservations are recommended!