Full Day Climbing Trip – Indian Creek
If you are interested in climbing the most famous crack lines of the desert, then a Full Day at Indian Creek is a must!
The absolute best place for jamming, this is your chance to get the beta on how to use your fingers, hands, feet, (and other body parts) for upward progress. We’ll address racking gear, efficient cam placement and their limitations, conserving energy, hand taping and, of course, how to jam.
When our staff isn’t guiding, you’ll find them at Indian Creek! The big draw, besides perfect cracks and long routes on impeccable rock, is the iconic old-west setting with magnificent vistas and petroglyphs galore.
- Duration: 7 – 9 hours
- Drive from Moab: 1 hour
- Season: spring and fall; summer if conditions allow
- Max. guide to client ratio: 1:4
- Technical: 5.9 and up; crack climbing, 60 – 130 ft routes
What you can expect to learn
- An understanding of jamming theory
- To master the techniques that limit the pain and discomfort of jamming
- Techniques for placing gear in sandstone
Skill & Fitness Level
- Intermediate to advanced climbing skill level required
- A strong desire to learn the unique climbing techniques required to ascend these challenging routes
What to Bring
- 3-4 liters of water
- Extra clothes may also be necessary depending on the weather/temperature that day
- Sun screen
- Lip balm
- Brimmed hat
- Light long-sleeve shirt (for sun protection)
- Sun glasses
- Light rain gear
- Extra snacks if you get really hungry, are a growing teenager, or have dietary restrictions or allergies
- All of the high quality technical gear you will need for climbing*
*If you do have and would prefer to use your own climbing harness, shoes, and/or chalk bag, please do so. Otherwise, we provide these items for you.
What you should wear
- For the approach, shoes with a soft, flexible sole, such as running shoes or lightweight hiking shoes
- No open-toed sandals, please
- Clothes that are light-weight and loose fitting to allow you flexibility and freedom of movement
- Clothes that are suitable for the season
All trips depart from our office at 253 North Main, Moab UT. See location on Google map
7:00am or 8:00am -Departure times for this trip vary with the season, please call to arrange details: 435-259-3317
Please be at our office at least 15 minutes before departure for equipment sizing and check-in.
Early reservations are recommended!