This trip requires 3 people to run for the normal rates, listed below.
If your group only has 2 people and no other party gets added, then we will contact you and give you the option of
1) paying the 2-person price listed below,
2) changing the departure date or time of your trip to join another group, or
3) receiving a full refund.
- 1 Person – $550 total:
- 2 People – $550 total:
- 3+ People – $600+ total:
Private or Chartered Guide
$70 / person added to your cost ensures that no one else will join your party. Providing your group with more time for discussion and one-on-one instruction from our professional guides who specialize in the safest climbing/canyoneering techniques as well as the local natural history, geology, flora, and fauna.
Sizes and availability are limited.
3/4 or Full Day wet canyon trips: $8
Though Little Sinbad Canyon is short in mileage, it’s packed with adventure and is an exceptional step into a higher level of canyoneering, even if it’s your first time out.
This remote, winding obstacle course requires stemming through narrows, negotiating rock obstacles, using technical gear for assisted down-climbs, and multiple swims through shady corridors of rock. Those mandatory swims can be long and chilly in this canyon so wetsuits are required on all but the hottest of days.
As one progresses through the canyon the fun becomes even more challenging until we finally squeeze through the tightest section of Sinbad above an incredible giant swimming pool!
The final rappel literally drops you into this large and shady pool where a short swim leads you to the banks of a lush, hidden oasis!
After peeling off our wetsuits we conclude the day with a short hike through a ‘naturally paved’ canyon.
- Duration: 4 – 5 hours in canyon
- Drive from Moab: 1.25 hours
- Max. guide to client ratio: 1:5
- Season: April – October
- Extremely narrow sections: guest size limit of less than 250 lbs. or 40″ girth
- Technical: 2 miles of advanced hiking, steep grades, easy scrambling, multiple pothole swims, rappel up to 80ft, rope-assisted down climbs
Skill & Fitness Level
- No canyoneering experience required
- Intermediate to advanced athletic skill level
- Body must measure no larger than a 40-inch circumference in any area
- Must be able to travel for 4 or 5 hours through a tight canyon system requiring stemming, chimneying, scrambling and advanced hiking on steep grades (a full-body workout)
- Must be able to swim through multiple potholes
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Children must be mature enough to use reason and logic to mitigate their instinctual fear of backing over a cliff edge and also weigh enough (around 50lbs.) to counter the mass of the rope they’ll need to push through their rappel device.
What to Bring
- Lunch & snacks
- Drinking water
- All of the technical gear you will need for canyoneering
- Wetsuits, if deemed necessary
- Rental canyoneering shoes with extra-sticky rubber for gripping the rock and quick-draining material for your comfort. See Pricing
- Transportation from our office to the route and back to our office
What you should wear
- Shoes with a soft, flexible sole, such as running shoes or lightweight hiking shoes that you are comfortable possibly getting wet or dirty
- No open-toed sandals, please
- Clothes that are light-weight and loose fitting to allow you flexibility and freedom of movement
- Clothes that are suitable for the season
- No cotton jeans or sweatshirts
Other items we recommend that you bring
- A long sleeve, quick-drying shirt to use to warm up after swims
- Extra dry clothes may also be necessary depending on the temperature that day
- Sun screen
- Lip balm
- Brimmed hat
- Light long-sleeve shirt (for sun protection)
- Sun glasses
- Light rain gear
- Camera (waterproof)
- Extra snacks if you get really hungry, are a teenager, or have dietary restrictions or allergies
All trips depart from our office at 253 North Main, Moab UT. See location on Google map
Departure time is flexible; please call our office for details, 435-259-3317 or 1-877-641-5271
Please be at our office at least 15 minutes before departure for check-in.
Early reservations are recommended!