Full Day Rock Climbing Trip
Moab offers a diversity of climbing areas within an easy drive of downtown. If you’ve never climbed before or are an intermediate climber looking to get a lot done, this Full Day Moab Cragging Trip can be tailored to you! You will learn the essentials and have ample time to ascend the walls and get a feel for the local rock.
Private or Chartered Guide
$45 / person added to your cost ensures that no one else will join your party, providing your group with more time for discussion and one-on-one instruction from our professional guides who specialize in the safest climbing/canyoneering techniques as well as the local natural history, geology, flora, and fauna.
Group discount of 10% available for eight or more.
- Duration: 4 hours in the morning; break for in-town lunch (on your own); 4 hours in the afternoon
- Drive from Moab: 15 – 20 minutes
- Season: all year, weather permitting
- Max. guide to client ratio: 1:6
- Technical: top roped climbing, 60-100 ft routes
What you can expect to learn
- Climbing equipment use and care
- Crack and face climbing techniques
- Efficient movement
- Knots and rope management
- Basic belay techniques
- Descending and lowering
- Safe climbing practices
Skill & Fitness Level
With multiple climbs concentrated together we can accommodate beginning and intermediate skill levels together.
- No previous climbing experience necessary
- Minimum age: 5 years
What to Bring
- 3 liters of water per person
- Sun screen
- Lip balm
- Brimmed hat
- Light long-sleeve shirt (for sun protection)
- Sun glasses
- Light rain gear
- Extra snacks if you get really hungry, are a growing teenager, or have dietary restrictions or allergies
- All of the high quality technical gear you will need for climbing*
- Transportation from our office to the climbing area and back to our office
*If you do have and would prefer to use your own climbing harness, shoes, and/or chalk bag, please do so. Otherwise, we provide these items for you.
What you should wear
- For the approach, shoes with a soft, flexible sole, such as running shoes or lightweight hiking shoes
- No open-toed sandals, please
- Clothes that are light-weight and loose fitting to allow you flexibility and freedom of movement
- Clothes that are suitable for the season
All trips depart from our office at 253 North Main, Moab UT. See location on Google map
Departure times change with the seasons:
03/01 – 04/15 8:30am
04/16 – 09/15 7:30am
09/16 – 10/01 8:30am
10/02 – 11/30 9:00am
Please be at our office at least 15 minutes before departure for equipment sizing and check-in.