Full Day Climbing Trip – Castleton
With climbing up to 5.10, this tower is geared for the experienced climber who has some crack climbing experience or those sport climbers who can consistently follow 5.10.
Looming tall and proud, Castleton is iconic of desert tower climbing – the summit register is crammed full of colorful desert climbing history.
You have your choice of two mega-classic routes of the same difficulty: Kor-Ingalls or North Chimney (one sunny, one shady).
This is a big day with diverse climbing, steep cracks, great exposure, airy rappels and unbelievable views 1400ft above the surrounding desert.
- Duration: 9 hours
- Drive from Moab: 30 minutes
- Season: all year
- Max. Guide to client ratio: 1:2
- Technical: 5.10 with lots of vertical crack climbing, big exposure, 400ft, 5 pitches
Skill & Fitness Level
- Must have prior multi-pitch climbing experience
- Must be able to climb 5.9 cracks or 5.10 sport-climb grades outdoors
- Advanced fitness level
What to Bring
- 3-4 liters of water
- Sun screen
- Lip balm
- Brimmed hat
- Light long-sleeve shirt (for sun protection)
- Sun glasses
- Light rain gear
- Extra snacks if you get really hungry, are a growing teenager, or have dietary restrictions or allergies
- Transportation from our office to Castleton and back
- All of the high quality technical gear you will need for climbing*
*If you do have and would prefer to use your own climbing harness, shoes, and/or chalk bag, please do so. Otherwise, we provide these items for you.
What you should wear
- For the approach, shoes with a soft, flexible sole, such as running shoes or lightweight hiking shoes
- No open-toed sandals, please
- Clothes that are light-weight and loose fitting to allow you flexibility and freedom of movement
- Clothes that are suitable for the season
All trips depart from our office at 253 North Main, Moab, UT. See location on Google map
5:00am – 6:00am -Departure times for this trip vary with the season, but usually begin quite early in the morning. Call to arrange details: 435-259-3317